Saturday, June 20, 2009

I'm a total slacker.....

Ok, I guess not a slacker trust me being bored up be an understatement! We have been super super busy like all the time. With what not exactly sure....House mostly. We are renovating or putting an addition on (not sure which one)! We are so excited to start all the house work again! Also I have been busy with baking of course! I actually had my first three orders! So much fun! Pressure you say? Yes definitly yes. Especially the one cake that was for a 95th Birthday party and was to feed a lot of people, I actually had to call out of work for the day to finish it. There was definitly a cake desaster the night before, but the second cake called for a new design and it came out great! Here are a few pics of all the cakes I have been up to (actually yes there are a few I completly let leave before I got to take pictures :( )

This first picture is of the 95th birthday. It was my first two tiered cake.....Flavors: Vanilla Cake, lemon buttercream filling and buttercream icing.


This is a baby shower cake (Flavors: Vanilla cake, Chocolate Filling and buttercream icing; oh and the frog and ducks I did make and they are edible):



Ladybug cupcakes (for a little girls play date; Flavors: Brown Sugar Vanilla Cupcake and Sweet Buttercream Icing):
Oh and I got to stay for the play date after I delivered them. It was so neat seeing the girls light up when they looked at the ladybugs! They thought they were so cool, some actually ate two! One of the sweet girlies wanted to take it home to show her mom! It was really neat and tasted great too!

This cake was a going away cake for one of the IT Mike worked with. I made the cake based off a program that is used, RedHad Lynix. Its a cool cake! Flavor: Vanilla Bean and Capuccino Mouse Filling with white icing. (The second pix is with the logo that I found)

There are more cakes I just don't feel like adding more.....Adding pictures is a pain and its late and I'll get around to doing more posts one of these days!
Onto the house, we applied for the permit and now we are just waiting to hear from the township. It is crazy we need a permit for everything we are doing. I am still not totally sure why, I can understand for the homeowners that are contracting their work out; however we are doing the work ourselves (with the help of Dad and anyone who wants to pitch in ;) ). I also had red hair upto this morning, its now a warmer redish brown and shorter cut still... Tomorrow is Father's Day and the first day of summer! Yeah! Maybe this weather will clear up and it will feel like summer as well! Off to finish cleaning up from the Father's Day BBQ we had at our place tonight! The weather cleared up just in time for us to cook out on the grill! And boy my brother and I went over boared on the food. Didn't realize how much it was until we were plating it up! It was so tasty too! Yum! Thanks Ads for you help tonight with cooking!(I'm sure you'll have all the pix of the food up! :)Yup you did on Twitter!!!)

No comments: