This weekend was a pretty busy weekend though. We didn't look at any houses, because it was Mother's Day weekend. We cleaned the apartment like crazy, and still have to redo the guest rooms closet, and probably start packing some things up and then taking them over to the parents. But back to the weekend, we did errands and meal planning on Saturday. Then on Sunday morning we had my parents and brother over for breakfast to celebrate the day for her! Breakfast turned out really good, actually. Dessert was really good. I came up with this recipe to make like upside down Reese's cup. It was really good. And perfectly okay and safe for my dad can eat! I hope I can keep creating these recipes and inventing snack for my dad. Maybe one day it will turn into something. Then after my parents left, I started prepping for dinner, we were having Michael's parents and sister over for dinner. While they were here, we got to talk to Thomas which was great! Hopefully soon we can see him again! A trip to CA would be awesome, but it is something we just can't swing right now. Dinner turned out to be delicious. I don't think I have made a better piece of pork below. I think everyone loved it, we all even had seconds, and some had thirds! It really was good. I do love being in the kitchen. I can't wait to have a kitchen bigger than our little galley kitchen, so I can really make a mess! The more I cook the more relaxing it comes. The best part of the meal would have to have been dessert, once again! I made a triple chocolate truffle pie! Homemade! All from scratch! It definitely was the best pie I ever had. I mean I don't mean to toot my own horn, but the pie was awesome. Micheal's parents, truly thought I went to the bakery, but honestly it was all homemade! Maybe I should become a pastry chef! Haha, that would be extremely early mornings, but I would totally enjoy it! Off to have some of that delicious pie!
Monday, May 12, 2008
The past weekend
Well we actually found a house we like! Well love! We don't want to fall in love with it too much, just in case things don't work out. And we also don't want to say too much to to many people, in case we can't swing it! But it really feels like it could be home! So many updates, so much we can do with it! It does feel like home! We can't wait to go back and take another look! We were just commenting on how getting this apartment was so easy. We saw it once for about 10 minutes, and said yup we'll take it! And now, we want to look at this house, like another 50 times. Well we will definitely look at it again this week, and then again when we take our parents. Of course we have to get their input. It really helped with the last two places we looked at! They can see a lot more things then we can. So now we are just waiting to hear from our realtor when we can look at this house again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment