I think it came out really neat! We shared this cake with our friends, and their little girls loved it! The cake itself tasted good. It was a yellow butter cake with chocolate ganache filling and buttercream icing. The flowers and butterflies are made from fondant. I colored the fondant with orange extract and colored them myself. I really suprised myself with this one. I was hard on myself of course and saying I can make it better, but tell me what you think? No more boxed cakes for me!
I also made a couple of other things. A Key Lime Pound Cake. This was actually hard to make. I had to attempt the batter twice. The first time I followed the recipe to the T. Well lets just say the recipe failed. It was way too soupy all most. It baked for 2 hours and some. I tasted it while plating it, it was gross. So I decided I couldn't give this cake as a gift. Had to make the recipe my own. Second attempt. Changed the ingrediants slightly, and decreased the amount of key lime. Second attempt was a success, but let's see how my mom and her office likes it! Here is what it looked like:
We also made homemade pancakes. Can I just say YUMMMMO! They were delicious! We had them twice so far. So much better then boxed pancake mixed. I'll never buy them again!
Next day we didn't have pancakes but normal eggs. However, I made lattes! Goodness LATTES!!!!!!!!
The weather this weekend was beautiful! We had the whole house opened. We loved it. Now time to get ready for another week.

No comments:
Post a Comment