Not much has really been happening.
The past three weeks I have been baking non stop it seems. I like to bake. Its soothing, relaxing. I can't even remember what I made. I was going to take picture of everything I made, but I mostly forgot to. Lets see I made a cupcake cake (gluten free), and then ummm tiramisu, brownies, red velvet cupcakes, and cinnamon buns. Everything was from scratch, nothing pre-boxed or anything. Baking and cooking have become my new hobbies, probably not a good hobby to take on. But I love it, I never get tired at it. Never would have pictured myself loving to cook or bake. When I was a kid I would not even go near meat, I would get sick at just the thought. But now I just love to find new recipes or just make up my own. And baking, I absolutely love it. I just can't wait till I can get better and more creative with my creations.
The tiramasu (pictured below). I thought was going to be difficult. But it wasn't that bad. The easiest part was making the lady fingers, I really thought this would be the hardest. After all I have made custard before, thats how I make homemade ice cream. So the ladyfingers were easy, but I didn't have the right tip on my pastry bag to make the ladyfingers, but the one I used worked well enough. The custard takes so long to make, but as long as there is patience its all good. I think I put way too much coco powder on top too, but all improvements for next time! I added starwberries to the top and the plate, I tried to cut them into hearts since I made near valentines day, but no one noticed. Oh well.
I made a big cupcake cake for my uncle birthday. I made it gluten free. This was a learning process though, I made the bottom of the cake out of chocolate and the top out of vanilla. However when you make two different flavors then there are two different cooking times, and the vanilla was so dense, it was a little too heavy to put on top of the chocolate. The icing I made, homemade of course, turned out really good. Then I started using different pipping techniques, I think I will use different ones, next time I get to make this. Then when I put the cake on the platter, it needed more, so I made mini cupcakes and it turned out so cute! I think this is going to be the cutest cake for a kids birthday party. Picture below:
The red velvet cupcakes, were diffenitly an experience. I never made them first of all. Seconfd the mixture with the vinegar, didn't happen like it should have. I wasn't prepared for the batter either. Once its made, it has like two minutes to get in the over before it starts to fall. Well it did fall, so they were a little desnser then I would have liked. The icing really made the cupcakes. Maybe icing always makes the dessert. They looked so cute, I can't believe I forgot to take a picture. And I doubled the receipe becuase I didn't think it would make enough to bring into work. Well I was wrong, the single batch would have been plenty. I had so many cupcakes. I think I actually took atleast two dozen cupcakes to work, and Michael probably took way more than that, I stopped counting his. Oh well, lesson learned!
The brownies I made, were great. I never thought that making them from scratch would taste better. I don't think I could ever make boxed brownies again. I probably won't either! Haha. I made a chocolate icing for the brownies, I couldn't stop eating it. I think I found my little secret for making icing. Not telling!
This weekend for breakfast I decided on cinnamon rolls. Why? Don't know, wanted to make something from scratch again. I never made my own dough, and it was not bad. The cinnamon rolls were beyond awesome. So we ate them for breakfast on Saturday, Sunday, and today. However today they weren't as tasty, you can tell they weren't fresh anymore.
What else did I make? Umm well thats all I remember for baking, cooking lots too. I made up a recipe for potatoe salad, but I didn't use mayo, wanted to make a summer salad so no mayo. It was really good, I made way too much and wasted a lot of it. I tried a new recipe for making chinese food at home, like your own take out. Wow it was good. Of course I twecked the recipe to make it my own, but it was good. And it feed us for two dinners and a lunch. I made risotto too. Had no clue what I was doing. Tasty, risotto isn't hard, going to take some practice though, but it is cheap which is great too. I think more risotto tomorrow night.
Wow this whole post was about food. Anyone hungry now? Haha just kidding.
Almost forgot finally getting the Aruba pictures on our picasa or our webpage.

No comments:
Post a Comment