So we got through settlement okay and made our first big purchase! We already did so much to our house! Basically this past weekend we ripped out the carpet, padding and the tact strips. We power washed the outside, put up new shutters, and replaced the front porch posts. We also power washed the inside of the garage and basement. The house smells so much better. This weekend we had so much help from my parents, my aunt and uncle, and Paula. We couldn't thank them all enough for all of their help. We got so much accomplished we can't even believe it. The house already looks completely different, like new!
Tonight we started on the bathroom, just to find tons of water damage. So tomorrow we are basically pulling the entire bathroom apart to see what drywall we can salvage and if we can save the tub or not. We want to make sure that everything left in the bathroom hasn't had any water damage so we don't have a problem with mold or mildew in the future. We will have to pay close attention tomorrow.
This weekend I think we are going to start priming the walls and ceilings. We need to start thinking about what kind of carpet and colors we want. I think we are also going to start thinking about the landscaping this week, so maybe Friday night we can go out and buy some plants to replace the dead ones we are pulling.
We can't believe in 2 weeks we will be leaving for our vacation. We can't wait to get away. I really need the break from work, just to keep my sanity. I think both of us will like the break of everything. We are hoping that the weather will be beautiful! I can't wait to get in the sun and the water and eat carribean lobster again! Our second honeymoon! We were going to swim with the dolphins, but I'm getting kind of scared. I guess we will just have to see when we get down there. We should probably start packing too, since we are spending every night on the house. We also need to find some time to start getting the apartment ready for open houses. We have a lot of stuff that we have accumulated over this past year, that needs to get boxed up. Maybe we will start packing on Thursday, our night off from working on the house!
All in all we are so happy right now. A house and vacation this month! Wow! Time to get lunches ready for another day at work, what a drag!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment